FUJI CORPORATION Privacy Notice for EEA (European Economic Area)
FUJI CORPORATION (hereinafter referred to as "Fuji") has established the following Privacy Notice for processing Personal Data of all individuals related to Fuji, including customers and employees (hereinafter referred to as "you").
1.Personal Data Fuji Obtains
Fuji may obtain the following types of Personal Data. All Personal Data is obtained through proper and fair means.
- Information provided by you
- Information that can identify you (name, company name, department to which you belong, etc.)
- Contact information (address, telephone number, email address, etc.)
- Payment information (bank account information, credit card information, etc.)
- Information regarding transactions
- Information regarding products and services purchased from Fuji
- Information regarding the use of Fuji's websites
- User name, password, website browsing history, IP address, browser type and version, or information collected through cookies or other similar technologies
2.Legal basis for the processing of Personal Data
Fuji only processes Personal Data pertaining to you when one or more of the following conditions apply, as permitted by the applicable laws and regulations.
You may withdraw consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing of Personal Data based on consent before its withdrawal. The withdrawal of consent may be made by contacting the contact points listed in "8. Contact".
- When you have given consent
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract that Fuji intends to enter into or has entered into with you
- When processing is necessary for the legitimate interests to Fuji or third parties and it does not infringe on the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you
- When processing is necessary in compliance with a legal obligation that Fuji is subject to
3.Purposes of Using Personal Data
For the purposes of using Personal Data by Fuji, refer to "Purposes of Use".
4.Providing Personal Data to Third Parties
Fuji may provide Personal Data pertaining to you to the following third parties, which are Fuji's subcontractors, within the scope of the purposes of use set forth in "Purposes of Use". When providing or entrusting Personal Data pertaining to you to the third parties listed below, Fuji supervises these third parties to ensure the proper processing of Personal Data in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. Fuji does not provide Personal Data pertaining to you to any third parties other than listed below without prior consent given by you.
- Fuji's affiliate companies and agencies
- Service providers who provide services on behalf of Fuji
5.Transfer of Personal Data to outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Fuji may transfer Personal Data to countries/regions outside of the EEA within the scope of the purposes of use set forth in "Purposes of Use". When transferring Personal Data outside of the EEA, Fuji takes necessary and appropriate measures to protect Personal Data, such as confirming that the destination country is determined by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of data protection or entering into a Standard Contractual Clause (SCC) with the destination country.
6.Personal Data Security Control Measures and Retention Period
Fuji takes appropriate security control measures from systematic, human, physical, and technical perspectives to prevent leakage, loss, or destruction of Personal Data and to ensure the proper processing of Personal Data. Fuji retains Personal Data exclusively for the period necessary to achieve the purposes of use specified in "Purposes of Use" or to fulfill Fuji's obligations under the applicable laws and regulations. Specific retention periods are determined by taking into consideration the nature, risks, and importance of Personal Data as well as the purposes of use of Personal Data.
7.Rights of the individual with respect to Personal Data
If you are located in the EEA, you have the following rights with respect to Personal Data pertaining to you that is held by Fuji under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may request to confirm whether or not Personal Data pertaining to you has been processed by Fuji. When Fuji has processed Personal Data pertaining to you, you may request Fuji to provide you with a copy of that Personal Data.You may request Fuji to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data pertaining to you that is processed by Fuji to make it accurate or complete.If certain conditions are met, you may request Fuji to erase Personal Data pertaining to you that is processed by Fuji.If certain conditions are met, you may restrict processing of Personal Data pertaining to you by Fuji.If certain conditions are met, you may object to processing of Personal Data pertaining to you by Fuji.If certain conditions are met, you may receive Personal Data pertaining to you that you have provided to Fuji in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and transmit that data to a controller without hindrance from Fuji.
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
If you wish to exercise the above rights, contact the contact points listed in "8. Contact".
Fuji will respond in good faith in accordance with the GDPR and other applicable laws and regulations as well as rules after confirming that the person contacting Fuji is the person whose Personal Data is the subject of the request or has been authorized by the requester.
You may file a complaint with the responsible data protection authority for the applicable jurisdiction about processing of Personal Data pertaining to you by Fuji.
For any requests, inquiries, or claims regarding the processing of Personal Data, please contact Fuji at either of the following contact points.
Chausuyama, Yamamachi, Chiryu, Aichi 472-8686 Japan
Sales Engineering Department
Fuji Global Marketing Team
Contact point 2 (for customers residing in EEA applicable regions):
FUJI EUROPE CORPORATION GmbH
9.Revision of the Privacy Notice
Fuji complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant rules. In the event that there are revisions to the laws and regulations, Fuji may revise the Privacy Notice accordingly. The revised Privacy Notice will apply from the date the revised version is released.
Purposes of Use
Personal data acquired by Fuji shall be used for the following purposes.
- Sales guidance relating to Fuji products and services.
- Questionnaire investigations to improve customer satisfaction and for planning and developing products.
- To perform duties required for answering customer enquiries and fast response services.
- Quick and correct support for enquiries to our service section, and if necessary, to provide information to Fuji groups, affiliates and vendors.
- Shareholder management
- For employment purposes (includes recruitment) and personnel management
- Other, explicitly stated goals of use given when acquiring personal data